Skip to main content

Hi,

I've a problem with SmartForms' cascading dropdown.

It is fine if I use it to create a new record. It's saved normally all the values is there alright.

But when I try to load, the "child" dropdown (one that depends on another dropdown's value) does not have a value. Because when the parent value is load, the "changed" method was triggered and the child dropdown was cleared.

My temporary solution is to store child value in a temp data label and transfer it back when then dropdown is properly populated.

The question is, is there any other way around this issue that work out-of-the-box? Because there are so many cascading dropdowns here.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Requiem,

How are your Rules configured for this solution? Specifically...

a) When and how do you populate (and/or filter) the values in the "child" dropdown?

b) When and how do you set the value of the "child" dropdown in the load scenario?

Additionally, have you tried adding null checks to the child dropdown(s) Rules? I.e. configuring the Rules in such a manner that the control will only be populated (and/or the value will only be set) when the parent dropdown contains a value.

Kind regards,

Eugene

Hi Gener,

Thank you for your answer.

For your questions.

a) I've configured the "child" dropdown using SmartForms' properties.

(Click a dropdown -> Properties -> Data Source -> Type -> Use a SmartObject as data source -> Filter the data according to another control's value)

b) After the "on changed" method of parent, after a check for null, transfers temporary value (stored when the view was first loaded) back to child dropdown. And repeat this process for every cascading dropdowns we got. One by one.

And no, I've yet to try adding null check to the child. I thought the problem was with the parent dropdowns. Will try this with I have access to the environment. Thank you.

Did you ever figure this one out?  I've been having similar trouble with my cascading drop drowns.

Did you ever figure this one out?  I've been having similar trouble with my cascading drop drowns.

Sadly no. I've scraped the plan and go with ASP.NET.

It is now 2015 and I am running into this issue.  Does anyone have a fix for it?