Skip to main content

We are using MOSS 2007 Enterprise, InfoPath 2007, and BLACKPOINT.

Can anyone provide some guidance on how to capture a Redirect to another user and then fire a Data Event that updates the InfoPath form with the Name of the user that the task was Redirected to?

My IP form contains a repeating node of the users for a serial approval. The Client Event takes each approver to the IP view so they perform the actual approval/rejection in the IP form.

<Approvers>

<Approver>user 1</Approver>

<Approver>user 2</Approver> 

<Approver>user 3</Approver>

</Approvers>

If "user 2" REDIRECTS his task to "user 4", how to I capture the REDIRECT and update the IP form so that when "user 4" opens his task (and thus the IP form), he sees his name in the repeating table instead of "user 2".

Does anyone have a clue on this? This seems like it would be a common problem. I noticed the _K2 node that gets added to by K2 during InfoPath Integration has some child nodes about Redirected User and Destination User. After I redirect throught the Work Item list, I checked these nodes and they are both blank.

Perhaps these nodes were meant to give infopath a clue of where it was redirected from. I guess I can write some code behind to handle this but I still need K2 to tell the form who did redirected the K2 task and who they redirected it too. Then the formload could handle the rest.