Skip to main content
Hi, I cannot install K2, I am using win7 32-bit. But my colleague can install it because he is using win7 64-bit The following is the error log. The following errors were logged as part of the install: K2 for Visual Studio 2010 error: Input string was not in a correct format. The following warnings were logged as part of the install: Could not find registry key: SOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftVisualStudio10.0DataProviders{E2EA1316-8D20-42bc-8C14-AA5C53084080} Could not ensure registry key: SOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftVisualStudio10.0DataProviders{E2EA1316-8D20-42bc-8C14-AA5C53084080} value: C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 10.0Common7IDEExtensionsK2SourceCode.SmartObjects.VisualStudio.dll, Exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Text.StringBuilder.FormatError() at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args) at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args) at SourceCode.Install.Common.Classes.SC_Trace.FormatMessage(String message, Object[] messageArgs) at SourceCode.Install.Common.Classes.SC_Trace.WriteWarning(String msg, Object[] messageArgs) at SourceCode.Install.Common.SourceCodeLog.LogMsg(String sSource, String sMsg, MSG_ID iType, Boolean isCached) at SourceCode.Install.Common.SourceCodeLog.LogMsg(String sSource, String sMsg, MSG_ID iType) at SourceCode.SetupManager.Configuration.cfg_Warning(Object sender, LogEventArgs e) at SourceCode.Configuration.Authoring.ConfigureBase.OnWarningLogging(Object sender, String message) at SourceCode.VisualStudio2010.Configuration.Config.EnsureRegistry()
10689i8AA4BABCCF75E083.png

Hi,

What you can try is uninstalling Visual Studio 2010 and then reinstalling it and then try to run the K2 repair manager to see if it can find the visual studio registry.

Regards

Peter