Skip to main content

When I try to deploy my SmartObject in Visual Studio, I get

Error 4 Deploy smartobjects: Task error: SmartObjectServer Exception: Could not publish SmartObjectDefinition to server: Authorization Failed

If I remove my Publish SmartObjects permission, I get

Error 4 Deploy smartobjects: Task error: SmartObjectServer Exception: Authorization Failed.  User: '<username>' Action: 'Publish SmartObject'

which I would expect. But, what's my authorization failling on otherwise?

We had a similar problem before, and the following was our resolution and hope it coould fix yours?

"This issue may be caused by the fact that a user was specified under the SmartObject security section in the management console in workspace. If there are no users in this list, then all users are able to export SmartObjects to the server. As soon as a user is specified in that list, then only specified users can export SmartObjects. There must be users in the list, of which the user you are using to deploy the SmartObject is not part of. To view this list, open the K2 worspace and open the management console. click on "SmartObjects" then expand "Security" then click on "SmartObjects Administration". You must either specify the user you wish to use to deploy SmartObjects or remove all users from this list so that any user can export SmartObjects to the K2 server"

Regards,

Good call.

I just experienced the same issue and another developer had just entered one account in the SmartObject settings yesterday.  We added all our developers now I am able to deploy successfully.

Thanks!

Although i have provided admin level permissions to selected users in Smartobject security page i am still receiving this error. Is there anything else i can check?

Were you referring Server Rights?  I do not believe there is an 'Admin' level permission for Smartobject security.

15844i536F0F3218AE0998.png

Is the account attempting to deploy added to this location and given publish rights?

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.11/webframe.html#Reference-WS_MCon-SO_Security.html