Skip to main content

Symptoms

Issue:

Hi, we're trying to upgrade form 4.6.6 to 4.6.11 and are running into issues with SharePoint 2010 services. We create a package from the old k2 server, and attempt to deploy it on the new one. (As a side note, I should mention here that K2 "upgrades" our package upon deployment for us. I'm unsure what that does exactly.)

The error we get when deploying is for a SharePoint Instance V2 service instance. Note: We are not able to create a service instance through the smart object tester on our 4.6.11 instance either. We get the same error for both situations. It's as follows:
-------------
The SharePoint Service V2 broker only supports SharePoint Server 2010 and 2007. Verify the version of SharePoint you’re connecting to, and if it’s SharePoint 2013, use the SharePoint broker instead.

Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Headers SOAP Action: SourceCode.SharePoint.WebServicefs/GetAllListsForWebConfigurable.
--------------

The sharepoint server we're trying to connect to is most definitely a 2010 environment, and I'm still able to create service instances using the 4.6.6 SOBX tester utility.

Please advise if you have any information regarding this error and potential fixes as it's a time sensitive matter.

Diagnoses

SharePoint V2 instances require that the K2 for SharePoint 2010 bits are installed in the site collection that needs to be added. If this is not required, the CSOM SharePoint Content Service can be implemented.

Resolution

Installing the K2 for SharePoint 2010 components on the SharePoint server for the site resolves the issue.

SmartObject Services - SharePoint Service V2 which only states that is for SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/UserGuide/current/webframe.html_SharePoint_Service_V2.html.

Without installing the K2 Components use the SharePoint CSOM (client side object model) for populating lists and libraries.

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/UserGuide/current/webframe.html_The_K2_SharePoint_CSOM_Service_Content.html.

Be the first to reply!