Skip to main content

I am trying to create a smart object and i'm getting this error:

From K2 Visual Studio
Cannot connect to the Host Server. Please make sure the hostserver is running and that you can connect to

From K2 Studio
A connection to the K2 server could not be establish

I can connect to K2 Workspace without a problem and able to deploy a workflow but not smart objects.  I also tried suggestion 'Change Server' on my Environment, tested all connections and all ok but still the same problem.

Any idea?

Thanks

Rupert

Hi Rupert,

Open your workspace and see if the "Default Template" exists in the Env Lib or if it's deleted. If it is not there please recreate the "Default Template" and see if it resolves your issue.

Kind regards,

Brink

Thanks Brink for you response.

Default Template already exists. I have two environment library, Development and Production. tried switching from these 2 environment via  'Change Server'' in K2 Studio and still the same error message 'A connection to the K2 server could not be establish'.

Regards

Rupert

By any chance, have you implemented SmartObject security? By default, all users can publish SmartObjects. However, as soon as you specify 1 set of permissions, all other users are implicitly denied. Check Workspace > Management Server > SmartObjects > Security > SmartObjects Administration.

Also, check the configurationmanager.config file on your client machine, and check ALL references to the K2 server. I've seen cases where "Change Server" was used, and only some of the connection strings were updated.

HTH,
Gail

Thanks Gail!

This issue has been strangely resolved!

I ask for K2 support to help me do some troubleshooting and what we did is to check if SO was able to connect  to SO server via SmartObjects Tester and all working fine and then  check if there is any permissions set on SmartObject security and there is NONE and the problem still the same. And then we decided to put  user and put permission still the same problem. And here is the strange part, i then decided to remove the user  in smartobject security, i did'nt expect this to worked since at the start this has not been implemented but then after i removed the user its now WORKING!

Glad you got it working. My suspicion is that the permissions in the database somehow got "weird". When you added and then removed the user from SmO permissions, it may have reset those settings. (but that's guesswork).