Skip to main content

Symptoms

Getting the error exception below when attempting to create a PandD package:

Error
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Type:
SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException
Source:
SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client
Method Base
Member Type:
Method
Name:
ExecuteScalar
Module
Scope Name:
SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.dll
Declaring Type
Full Name:
SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectClientServer
Stack Trace:

at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectClientServer.ExecuteScalar(SmartObject smartObject, DataTable inputTable)

at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime.SmartObjectExecution(XPathNavigator nav, Boolean outputDependencies, SmartObjectClientServer svr)

at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime.WorkXmlToApi(String xml)

at SourceCode.Forms.Runtime.AJAXCall.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

This prevents me from creating a package of my solution.

Diagnoses

It was determined the issue was due to the filename being too long when attempting to create a package:

"System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters."

In the back end database, we noticed notice that the length of the association names (which are also used as the filename for the relevant association) were exceedingly long.

Resolution

This will be addressed when Appit 1. 4 ships, ETA second quarter of 2016.

An isolated patch is available for Appit 1.3. If you are currently on Appit 1.3 and you encounter this issue please contact K2 Support.

try software long path tool which is easily available at google, i was facing same issue when i try this tool i got rid of the error, it has been proved very helpful for me

I suggest long path tool software in this error case

long path tool program can give you good result in this error

Just try to use long path tool software, i got good result from it