Skip to main content
Just tried with K2.net Studio 3.6090.1.0

The web service is just the dummy HelloWorld method. No other webmethod implemented.

I also tested under brand new K2 and VS solutions with all default references, as well as adding microsoft.web.service2.dll. Same error message.

VS version is 2003 coded in C#. IIS is running under ASP.NET v.1.1.4322

I've tried in K2 Lab Virtual PC with the same code, and it works fine.

What could be wrong?
I'm having the same problem when trying to setup a Web Service activity to the Microsoft Reporting Services web service.
I'll post a resolution to a support ticket here in this regard. Not sure whether it will help though.

The problem is:
When SQLServer 2005 is installed, the .NET Framework 2.0 and a partial installation of VS.NET 2005 are also done. In order to add a WEB reference in K2.net Studio, a proxy stub dll needs to be created with tools contained within the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK. Now this is exactly the problem - since the .NET Framework 2.0 has been installed, it is the default framework SDK which is used. By installing the FULL .NET Framework 2.0 SDK, K2.net Studio will in fact successfully create the proxy stub dll BUT since K2.net 2003 SP3 does not support the .NET Framework 2.0, you will not be able to use this created proxy dll.

A Workaround:
You need to manually create the proxy stub dll with VS.NET 2003 and the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK.
The normal steps would be:
Step1: Make sure that the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK and VS.NET 2003 is installed
Step2: Open a Visual Studio .NET 2003 command prompt
Step3: Create a WSDL file by using the Disco.exe (Disco.exe WebServiceURL Target Directory )
Step4: Create a C# library (cs file) from the created WSDL file by using the Wsdl.exe utility (Wsdl.exe "C:Target Directoryservice1.wsdl" "C:TargetDirectoryCSharpLib.cs")
Step5: Create the Proxy Dll from the C# library using the CSC.exe (CSharpCompiler)
Step6: Reference the Proxy Dll in K2.net Studio to create a reference to the Specific Web service.

Steps 1 to 4 can be automated by simply adding the web reference to any VS.NET 2003 project and locating the .cs file on the filesystem (...[SolutionDir]Web ReferenceslocalhostReference.cs)

Hope this helps,
Ockert
Thanks, worked like a charm
Here's another possible resolution to the "Version 2.0 is not a compatible version." error message:
http://delpiccolo.com/2007/02/08/k2net-2003-compile-error/
I have vs 2005 and I get this error too.
I do not have vs 2003.
How do I fix this so it will work?
Hi,

Under which Framework version does your K2.net Studio run? Have a look in K2Studio.exe.config file. If it runs under framework 1.1, switch it to framework 2.0xxx - must be the exact number.

Just be aware that if you run K2.net Studio under framework 2.0, all other dev machines as well as K2.net Server should also run on Framework 2.0.

Regards,
Ockert