Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a requirement in one of my forms to ensure the date control is filled in WHEN another control (Image attachment) has an image attached to it on a form.

I looked at the set properties rule for my Date Control, but there is no way to set that to REQUIRED when the IMAGE attachment CONTROL is populated.

Any ideas how to achieve this?

The only thing i can do ina rule is "If the Image attachment control has CHANGED, but the there is no ACTION to change the DATE control to REQUIRED?

Thanks as always

Hi,

You can do this with the form passed validation action and setting the control as required through that.

On your submit button configure your condition based on the image field containing something.

Then I would actually configure the validations on a hidden button which will check whether the date control is populated.

Use the Execute another rule to call the OnClick event for the hidden button which will then check if the required fields are captured.

It will then show that field as required.

I'm not sure if I'm making sense, let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

JohanL

Thanks for your suggestion, can you please explain it a bit better?

I've gone into my submit button which is set as follows:

When the Submit Button is Clicked

then on the Submit Button View, execute the Save Method (This is used to save the info, but i need the Validation to be done before this line)

So do i put an IF the forms passed validation inbetween the two above lines? or can i do a seperate rule altogether which monitors for a change in the image attachment control?