Skip to main content

please see screenshot below

step1: our finance user can get list from original list of assets and add in smartforms View/form

step2: then can make some changes in data (not on original table but on screen)

step3: this data is saved in another smartobject, and we start approval flow from there

question is about updating data on screen while reading from one smartobject and saving in another one.

screenshot as below

14725i9A6ED208684D8DE0.png

Hi,

Yes it is possible.

basically your list method will be the default list method of the editable list.

you'll have to configure the rule when user click save and add action "Execute a Smartobject method for items have been changed"

you will be able to select another smarobject for another table and save the (changed, Added, etc.) data.

I'm not sure if you mean the original list by the blue box

let me know if you need more clarifications when you start implementing this solution.

Thanks Mustafa,

yes Original List (search result) is in Blue Box, and it cannot be on editable mode. so i designed it this way..

when Finance User clicks add assets on form, it pop up a subview of original list, 

user checks all assets that needs to be added, clicks submit on subview, and it shows on Main form where then can make alterations before saving

only issue is on subview it dosen't let us show checkbox on listview, i am trying to find a solution for this

17126i1A553729681877D6.png

Hi,

Yes it's a know issue that you can set this kind of controls in list view, the workaround is to use multi-select 

15865iB23D8718B0C9DBD7.png

yes i tried that but unfortunately it didn't work out for me

16008iB2A0DBFC19EBDB10.png

Correct me if I'm wrong,

when the user click submit on the subview, you want to take a copy of the selected items to the list on the main form?

Thats Correct

I'll try to do the same and let you know the results ASAP

Hi,

I managed to do it,

I know you have subview of the original list and maybe you have submit button on the list it self, the issue is smartforms don't trigger the action of a button on list fo some reason.

what I did is:

I createad subform not subview with two views :

15460i002C1F352E720132.png

then apply the changes made on the row

and close the subform

wish it helps

Thanks a ton Mustafa, I will try this

Hi Mustafa

regarding the image, i have a question

i want to transfer only selected rows, but where can i find the option for selected rows only

please see my screenshot  and question on yours one

13846i00E0EFFD4976EE11.png

@priya_seh, 

For Selected Rows is found in Rule Designer, under condtions ( middle tab on the bottom.) 

Scroll down to the "For-Each Looping" section header. 

Select "For each item in a List View" or the particular one you need. 

It will come up as "for select item state rows on view List View. 

You can change the "Select Item State to Selected. 

16462iEEA7CABAEF721B77.png

I hope that helps. 

Thanks Chadg