Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm trying to apply security for some of my business data. I reviewed this KB to apply the security: http://help.k2.com/kb000192#

When I open my SmartBox - Security link on WorkSpace only some but not all of my Smart Ojects are there.

Is there any way to show all my SmartObjects in this location?

Thanks

Unfortunately, as the name of the node in the tree suggests, security is only for SmartBox based Smart Objects. If your Smart Objects are based on SQL, ORACLE, SharePoint or any other sytem other than SmartBox they will not show up here as this security will not to apply to them.

In these cases, it is best to configure your impersonation setting on the instances and enforce security at the backend system level.

Sorry I didn't have better news.

S.

Hello Scott, thanks for your answer.

I was thinking the same but, at this moment, I can see 3 smart objects twice of that based on External SQL Tables. 

For the first I understand that as we created the standard CRUD operations from the SQL Objet it's operating as a SmartBox Object:

16633iD3E38FBB8CAD5BED.png

But for the second one, is using external services opeartions and also is appearing on the SmartBox security tag:

11422iDF54EC2BA5C8E9D0.png

10901i4109EF853B6A0DD8.png

I don't know if it could be possible or I'm missing something.

Thanks again

Where those at any point ever mapped to smartbox? If you extend the SmartBox service in the Smart Object Tester tool you can see all the serviceobjects that are exposed which would usually correspond to Smart Objects. In my environment, I have several smartobjects based on things other than smart box, but only smartbox shows up in workspace (screen shot below) the left is workspace the right is smart object tester and you can see there is a one to one relationship between the two.

14014iEB6402622D2AD952.png

Hi,

In case of AsignacionRamos SmartObject, I'm sure that this never had been mapped to smart object because I created it directlly from Database Table.

In my case I also have the same Objects in both sites:

11472i642A615561C5F8EE.png

But the real question is: Can I apply security to some of my objects if they are saved in external database? From your first reply I can conclude that not. It's correct?

Thanks