Skip to main content

I have not been able to find a way to create smart forms in Visual Studio. This seems to be an oversight? Our requirement is that all our development artifacts are source controlled in TFS, and at this stage we are fine, until we come to using Smart Forms. Is this a future feature that is being considered?

We have also noticed that workflows deployed from Visual Studio do not appear in smartForms Designer, even if they are smartforms integrated, is there a way to get them to appear?

It is not possible to design smartforms in Visual Studio. Everything has to be done in the browser. There is some basic versioning built in the K2 Designer. It will be enhanced in a future release.

Workflows designed in VS have *.kprx extension. Only *.wkprx workflows are visible in the K2 Designer. So it is not possible to edit the VS workflows in the web browser.

Sujeeth,

Thanks for the answer, about what I expected.

Seems a little weird to me not have all functionality available in Visual Studio.

I know that smart forms are aimed at the "No Code" market, but some organisations still require rigorous source control and versioning.

We will have to come up with some governance mechanisms on smart forms development.