Skip to main content

We have an existing K2 Blackpearl installation.  Currently the Host Service is configured to use port 5555 and the workflow service to use port 5252.  We have new software that requires us to free up port 5555.  Can I change the Host Service port on this existing installation to something other than port 5555?  If so, how would I go about changing it?

Yes you can change it. Try running the K2 Setup Manager and change it from there.

HTH

Vernon

Do you have existing processes deployed and active?  If they are InfoPath processes you may want to work with K2 support to see how to migrate those running processes since it stores the port number with the form.  I would suspect changing the port without changing the port in the InfoPath forms would cause those active InfoPath client events to fail.

We do have existing processes deployed and active.  Some of them are InfoPath.  I have just recently taken over maintenance of our K2 workflows, so I have limited experience with these.  I appreciate the input.  That would definitely be a concern for us.  

Good point Tim. Can’t this new software be configured to use a different port instead of changing K2 configuration since there is running instances?

That would be the easy solution.  But that's not possible in this case.  I can't really go into the details, but it's not possible because of special circumstances.  The other options we have is to bring down K2 at a scheduled time to allow this software to run once a week.