Skip to main content

Hii,

K2 is giving me this error "Parameter addresses  cannot be an empty string" this error is log whil assignin an activity to an destination user .

Please suggest me a solution where i can avoid this error .

thank you.

Hi Taher,

Have you checked AD to make sure that the user the task has been assigned to has a valid email address?

When exactly do you get this error? Is it during runtime? Does this Destination user have a valid E-mail address?is the destination a User,Group or role? I have seen this if the destination user doesn’t have a valid email address when using this in notification mails or mail events. You can test this by using the SMO tester tool execute the UMUser or if a group is used the UMGroup SMO check in the results returned if there is a valid email. Also check if you have ADUMError.txt file in the HostServerBin folder. If so provide detail on what the ADUM error is when you get this parameter address issue.

HTH

Vernon

Is there a way where we can avoid such errors... Or can we code in K2 such that  if theres an exception   then it wont send a mail to the destination user whose address is not proper in AD....but atleast  workflow can continue .

thank you,

taher

Yes there is, I would suggest enabling exception rules on the activity or event where the event is that goes into error state. This should prevent the instance form going into error state and still log it depending how this is configured.

http://help.k2.com/en/k2blackpearluserguide.aspx?page=Activity_Exception_Wizard.html

HTH

Vernon