Calling smart object from code throws "User's Domain is not in list of valid Domains" error

• 31 May 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +8

Symptoms

Calling smart object from code throws "User's Domain is not in list of valid Domains" error

Diagnoses

We are using one of the Active Directory smart objects in our projects that we exported a C_ code class for and in the smart object setup we set up the connection string by defining a user/password/domain. This worked fine in 4.6.10, but after upgrading to 4.6.11 we now get the following error: Authentication With Server Failed : User's Domain is not in list of valid Domains.

Code looks like this:
SCConnectionStringBuilder hostServerConnectionString = new SCConnectionStringBuilder()
hostServerConnectionString.Host = servername
hostServerConnectionString.Port = cPORT
hostServerConnectionString.IsPrimaryLogin = true
hostServerConnectionString.Integrated = true
hostServerConnectionString.UserID = "account"
hostServerConnectionString.Password = "password"
hostServerConnectionString.WindowsDomain = "domain"

Resolution

SourceCode.HostClientApi.dll: was updated in 4.6.11 and may need to be recompiled into your solution with the newer version. "proxy-server used outdated version of SourceCode.HostClientApi.dll"

Generated a new error - "Could not load file or assembly 'SourceCode.HostClientAPI' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format", due to the dll being 64 bit. Changed the app pool property "Enable 32 bit applications" to false and it is now working as intended.

1 reply

Badge

I had a similar issue - upgraded the install from 4.6.8 to 4.6.11. The solution was to update the DLLs I was using in my client app - I still had the 4.6.8 dlls there.