Skip to main content

Hello,

At the moment I have a form list view which acts as a summary page for logs, from this page a user can add, edit and delete logs. At the present moment the edit and delete buttons are sitauted at the top of the screen with the use of a drop down box to select an entry.

To make it easier I would hope there is a way a user can select the record directly on the list rather than use a drop down function as I think it would become more difficult to use over time with a large amount of logs.

I have done some research and found a previous post discussing double click row selection: http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Add-a-button-to-a-list-view/m-p/68384#M19560

This would be perfect for both edit and delete features (I can include a delete button to appear on subview itself as a visibility rule). However, I am unable to find the double click rule within the smartform.

Thanks

Martin 

Hi,

I think you are looking for this rue:

if you are setting the rule on the view level 

When the view executes a method (choose "Double Click")

If you setting the rule on the form level, look for this rule:

When a view raises an event (choose the list view and the method will be "Double click")

Hi see attached,

If its the control do I have to select a particular label on the row?

15152i16B5B41B5658511E.png

Hi,

The double click event is only on list views(it's an event raised when user performs double click on a row), do you have list view? are you setting the rule on the forms level or the view level?

Hello,

I am setting the rules at a view level on the list view.

Should it be done at form level? I will take a look now.

Hi,

It's fine you can set it on the view level, just look for "when the view executes a method"

Thank you,

I have found the rule at both view and form level.

Another quick question: To populate the subview controls do I just point the smartobject within the list view into the subview?

Kind regards,

Martin 

Hi,

If you open the subview when user perform double click, on the "open sub view rule", configure this rule and drag the smartobject properties of the list to the controls on your sub view

Please let me know if it's not clear.

Thanks,

Just literally got it working as I read this post (joys of trial and error)

Kind Regards,

Martin

Hi,

Glad to know that :)