Skip to main content

Does anyone know how to call SmartObject Save method in server event code? I'm using infopath integration. I need to do update after the request has been approved. Thanks in advanced for any helps.

you need to write code against the SmO API

check this out...

http://srikantha.wordpress.com/2007/09/18/code-manipulation-of-smart-objects/

You might also want to check out the SmartObject Event Wizard to see if it can meet your needs with no code,

David

There are also quite a number of code samples that deal with coding against SmartObjects (and other K2 APIs) within the K2 Developer's Reference document.
I second David's suggestion... why do you feel you need to use server event code?  I've had good success using the SmartObject event wizard for all smart object integration.
I have a smartobject event to save a field value into the smartbox database. I am using the save method. The event wizard shows all the fields in that smart object(smart box) table and i set the values for the ID field and status field which needs to be updated. This value never gets updated. Is there something that i am missing here.
Sounds like you got it right - can you post the process or a screenshot of what you are doing?  Maybe we can help see the problem.