Skip to main content

Hey Everyone,

I'm struggling to get this calculated value working. My formula is: If(date<12/31/2017,field*.535,field*.545)

Basically if the date entered is less than a certain date, I would like it to calculate using the first value, and if it's not I would like it to calculate with the second value.

However, my calculation always ends up the same amount no matter if it meets the condition or not.

I've tried:

If(TransDate<12/31/2017,Miles*.535,Miles*.545)

If(lessThanOrEqual(TransDate,12/31/2017),Miles*.535,Miles*.545)

Thanks for the help!

Kassie

Update:

ok, I thought maybe instead of combining the if and the calculation, I would just make two calculated value fields and add rules to hide or show the calculation. the rule is lessThanOrEqual(Date,12/31/2017).

this isn't working either. Is there something funky I need to know about using date fields for rules?

Thanks again

Kassie

if you have written dates in a form just like you posted above, then note they are not taken as dates by the rule engine, but rather as math expressions that divide 3 figures. so you compare dates with a value like 0.000192 (12/31/2017).

you should use ConvertToDate() function to make date out of a string, like ConvertToDate("12/31/2017").

note however, ConvertToDate() is buggy in recent forms version(s), and your formulas need not work even that way.

Again, Thanks for your help Marian. happy.png

The convert to date is working. Here's how I changed my formula: If(greaterThanOrEqual(TransDate,convertToDate("12/31/2017")),Miles*.535,Miles*.545)

Kassie