Calculated fields and Repeating Section not populating back to list

• 23 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +7

My calculated fields are not populating back to my list.  Any ideas why?

Also, in display view, the "total line cost" will not display and the calculations are incorrect:

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

single fields in repeating section cannot be directly connected to columns in a list because each form is related to just one item in the list, so only one row), that's why the field from Quantity to TotalLineCost are empty..

you have to check also that the subTotal and Total Cost field are connected to proper column (when you design the form and select those field, you should be able to select a "Connected To" field in order to let this information show in the list (the field listed under Connected To are only the one that matches with your field in the designer)

Regarding display value issue, could you check if all your calculated fields and form variables (if used) are set to be recalculated also when in display form?

Giacomo

Badge +7

Hi Giacomo,

Thank you for responding.

So for the first point, I understand now, that you cannot populate a column when it is used in a repeating section header.

For the second point and third point, I do have them connected and I do have the "recalculate view mode" set to "yes."

See images below:

Any thoughts on how to get this to work?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

having connected the field should be enough to have the data for those two columns available also from the list..have you tried creating a new item or saving again one of the existing ones in order to see if there is something not working on that specific item?

Plus could you check also the settings for your TotalLineCost field? that's because seeing there a #Value! means that there is some issue in that formula..

Badge +7

Hi Giacomo,

having connected the field should be enough to have the data for those two columns available also from the list..have you tried creating a new item or saving again one of the existing ones in order to see if there is something not working on that specific item?  I have which is why I posted the question.  I have checked and tested and still have no results.

Plus could you check also the settings for your TotalLineCost field? that's because seeing there a #Value! means that there is some issue in that formula.  Please look at the first set of images from the original question.  In "EDIT" view, all is well.  In "DISPLAY" view, that is when you see the error.  The formulas are correct.  Below is the formula for the "TotalLineCost" field:

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

I've understood that the error happens only on the display form, but I was thinking on some issue with the formula when it's evaluated during display mode..

I've tried to replicate your scenario on my environment but I'm not able to replicate it..could you share also the configuration of Quantity and UnitPrice field so I can check if they're similar to my fields?

Giacomo

Badge +7

So  I was able  to figure out how to populate the repeating section back to the list and also a way to populate the calculated fields back to the list as well.  I created a workflow to achieve this.  I added images of the control details below the workflow image and associated them with a number.  You also have to associate the Repeating section header with the associated column field from the list.  Please let me know if anyone finds this helpful. :-).  The workflow image is a high res pic, so if you click on it and then zoom on it, you can clearly see the detail. :-)

So for figure 1, here is the detail:

For figure 2, here is the detail:

For figure 3, here is the detail:

For figure 4, here is the detail:

For figure 5, here is the detail:

Here are the workflow variables that I set up for this workflow:

Here is what the table looks like in the list: