Skip to main content

I need to calculate a date based on the value of 2 columns on a SharePoint Task list:

1. A Date and Time column that contains a date, called Due Date. The Due Date might be a different date for each task (item) in the list.
  2. A Number column that contains an integer, called Business Days. The number in the Business Days column might be a different number for each task (item) in the list.

The month of the new calculated date needs to be equal to the next month of the date in the Due Date value. The day is calculated taking into account the number of business days indicated by the Business Days column.

For example, the value in the Due Date is April 7th, 2016, and the value in the Business Day column is 5. The new date should be equal to May, 6th 2016; because the next month to April is May, and the 5th business day of May is the 6th.

Can this be accomplished in Nintex WF 2013?  Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

Rene,

Have you seen this post by Vadim on dates?  Nintex Forms - Date Calculations with Javascript - Vadim Tabakman

Also check out the list of UDAs to see if one of this gets you closer to what you are looking for User Defined Actions - Vadim Tabakman

Good day,

Just to understand better can you please give a bit more information about the business day.   The way I understand your comments is that if a task was created on the 14 April 2016 which is the 10th business day of the month; the due date should be 14 May (14 April + 1 month) but this is a Saturday so the 10th business day of May is Friday the 13th (Which won't give you a full month)?  Should it be Friday the 13th? or move to the Monday,16 May?

Step1 should be easy (if I understand you correctly) - if the date is 4 April 2016 the due date = 4 May 2016.

This can be achieved by using the calculate date action.

183015_pastedImage_0.png

The rest will probably be determined by you answer to the top part.  Please give some more information.

I had the same requirement, and for ease, ended up using Excel services.

I created an excel spreadsheet with the following

sscapture.PNG

Start Date is your input date, Number of days is the number of days to calculate against and then End Date will be your Output.

Everything below that is National holidays that you may want to include in your calculations as well.

In End Date your formula looks like this

=WORKDAY(A2,B2,A4:A10)

Your workflow action then looks like this.

excelservCapture.PNG

Although probably not the best way of doing things, I found this very simple to implement and covered all the requirements I had.