Skip to main content
I think I'm understand the NUL type licencing, but CAL type licencing isn't so clear yet.

My customer wants to buy 1000 CAL licence and wants to use in 3 separated environment (operation, test, development). They have 800 users in the production environment and the other CALs they want to use in the 2 others. The 3 environment are in seperated wlans in separated domains.

How the K2 counts licences in an environment like this?

Of course customer wants:
  • Adjust CALs free in the 3 environments (if they have more users in production they want to use them in production environment and all others in the development or test based on the actual demand)

• They want to reinstall non production environment recently. They don't want to make usual key request procedure because of this.

My questions are:
  • How counts K2 CAL type licences?

• How can adjust CAL licences in separated (phisically) environment?

• Do I have to request for new activation keys if I want to change this adjustment?

• Is any proposed way to handle an environment like this?
You'll be given separate license keys each has 1000 CAL for each test/dev/operation env.
Hi,

Here are answers to your questions:
1) To understand how K2.net Server counts named users when using a named user license, please have a look at the following KB article:
http://kb.k2workflow.com/articles/kb000165.aspx
2) If you are using the named user license model, then each server will maintain its own count of Named users. You cannot share these licenses between servers.
3) Yes, you need to obtain a new license key if you require more named users to be added to your server.
4) K2.net 2003 can be sold as part of an Enterprise Agreement. With this type of model your organization is licensed as a whole on a per user basis. There are certain minimums which have to be met in order to sign an Enterprise Agreement. For more information on this contact your local sales team.

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards,

JohanL