Skip to main content
This is clearly not the correct forum, but there is no "General" area...

Can one of the moderators advise the best way to report bugs in K2? There is no bug reporting facility in the portal.

Regards,

Richard
Hi Richard,

The way to go would be to open a formal support ticket from the Customer and Partner portal. The support consultant will then try to recreate the issue and if at all possible fix it and/or supply a work-around. If it was found to be a product bug by the support consultant, it will be sent to the development team for action and logged as a bug.

Remember - a bug to one client may be a feature to the next. I am not saying that the product has not got any bugs in it but we have seen a lot of cases where certain customers would view something as being a bug while the feature was built into the product by design - due to some other situation/limitation or whatever other reason.

Having said that, the Customer and Partner portal does have a Feedback section (Support | Feedback). This section however is primarily meant for feature requests - what would you like to see in the next major release...

So, if all else fails and you really believe something should be logged as a bug, you are more than welcome to fill out this feedback page on the portal.

Regards,
Ockert
Thanks Ockert - a helpful and swift response as always!

I guess the feed back section is the way to go. The items I am thinking of are nothing that stops me from getting the work done, more annoyances than anything else.

For example, I have seen the Sharepoint Document Event wizard produce code that will not compile due to syntax errors on more than one occasion.

It is naturally not a problem for me to go in and correct this by hand. For this kind of thing, I wouldn't want to tie up your support team. These are just little things that I'm sure you guys would want to look at for the next release or service pack.

So I will use the feedback in the portal!

Thanks again,

Richard
Great stuff!! Yes, the feedback page would be perfect for this.

Thanks,
Ockert