Skip to main content

Hi,

Currently, we're trying to upgrade different processes into BP. We started to scratch the basics changes between BP and K2.NET 2003. One of the obstacles that we're going through is a peer/parent association with the process originator. I can't find a away to solve this out.

For example, we used to associate any originator with his manager from AD information, or from the DQ (Destination Queue). In BP I can't find any option to do so... 

Any suggestions/idea are appreciated!

Cheers,

Saleh

Hi Saleh,

This is a known issue and for now the best option would be to make use of a SmartObject. Please contact your local k2 support services if you require more information on this.

Regards

Gert

What happens to the code that were in K2 .NET 2003?   Isn't this supported?

Dim oDSH As New SourceCode.K2Utilities.DSHelper()
    Dim oDEManager As System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry

oDEManager = oDSH.GetManager(oDSH.GetUser(k2.ProcessInstance.Originator.FQN).Path)
            If Not oDEManager Is Nothing Then
                   sManagerFQN = oDSH.GetNetBiosNameFromDNS(oDEManager.Properties("distinguishedName")(0).ToString) & oDEManager.Properties("samAccountName")(0).ToString                   

HI Peter,

I haven't tested this myself, but it should work with a little extra work.

1. First thing that will cause an issue is that K2Utilities will require the K2Server.config from K2.Net 2003, so you will need to copy the file into your K2Kblackpearl] installation directory's "Host ServerBin"  folder. It use this file to get the FQN Domain Name.
  2. In K2nblackpearl] we make use of security labels(by default "K2" and "K2Sql") and when requesting "k2.ProcessInstance.Originator.FQN" the account name will be pre-fixed with the security label. Strip the label and you should be good to go.

Cheers

Gert

It has been solved in the hot fix...