Skip to main content

I have installed blackpearl on my sharepoint 2007 server everything works in sharepoint, I can create workflows and deploy from VS. However when I try to view the K2 Workspace I get a RunTime Error.  I tried to change the web.config file to Off to display what the error actually is however it is still telling me to change Remote Only to Off - i am on the server so not sure why I can not see the actual error.  I also checked on another computer same error.

Running on MSServer 2008, Sharepoint MOSS 2007, lastest version of K2 Blackpearl (on virtual server) Running SQL 2008 on seperate db server

Also when I tried to install Reporting services it says I was missing SQL Reporting Services on the SQL DB - my network admin tells me that they are installed.  - So Reporting Services is not installed.

Error Message:

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

I am facing the same issue while opening K2 designer for sharepoint from any sharepoint list. Please let me know if anyone found the solution.

For the Workspace error, have a look in the Event Viewer logs, there can be a few reasons why this message is displayed.

For the K2D4SP, open IIS Manager, expand the SharePoint site and then have a look in the _layouts folder. There should be a site called WebDesigner. I have seen a few cases where this was not converted as an application (the icon should be pages with a blue earth behind it). Try to manually convert it and see if that helps.

Thanks for the reply..Actually k2 connection settings was not configured for that site.

Regards,

Nanda