Skip to main content

We are accessing a database and do a lot of server processing from inside of the server events in the workflow. If I add my own configuration values to the k2hostserver.config it works properly except the connectionstrings. Connectionstrings are encrypted and get replaced at the startup. I tried a lot of different things and was unable to get it to work.

Where and how (any examles) should I put my connectionstring so I can access it in the server event from within the workflow. We are running blackpearl not 2003

thanks in advance

Have you tried putting it in a string variable in the environment library?
the enterprise library data access block uses the configuration file. This is where it has to reside.

I am not worked with the Ent library data access block before but I am assuming it can be configured to read from the encrypted section.  (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163766.aspx)

If I recall correctly, the K2 server essentially does the the equivalent of the following command to encrypt the string settings:

Aspnet_regiis.exe -pa "NetFrameworkConfigurationKey" "domainK2ServiceAccount" –full