Skip to main content

I'm trying to install blackpearl 807 8210.3 onto a single VPC with W2008, AD, SQL 2008, SSRS 2008, MOSS 2007. 

The problem I'm running into is the blackpearl configuration wizard is not picking up the SSRS 2008 web site name in the SQL Reporting Services Configuration screen.  The dropdown for website name is blank.  If I type in the Site name manually (“SSRS” and add “ReportServer”) and click test an error dialog appears with the message “no virtual directory found”.  Note SSRS 2008 appears to be setup correct as I can browse to both Reports and ReportServer which appear to work correctly.

I’ve been following Johnny’s post at http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/johnny/archive/2009/08/19/some-differences-when-configuring-kerberos-with-host-headers-on-a-ssrs-2008-setup-with-0807v3-0-on-windows-2008.aspx to try and get this to work including the recommendation to modify the rsreportserver.config which looked promising but didn’t work in my case.

·         in the rsreportserver.config file.  The  <ReportServerUrl> tag allows the K2 configuration manager to pick up the virtual host header for the site.

I was originally using host headers with Kerberos but during troubleshooting switched to IP address and NTLM and a Network Service for the SSRS website but that also did not resolve the problem.

Any ideas on what I need to change or where I might have messed up?

Regards,

Tim

That would sound strange.  I don't recall doing anything else to get the URL to show in the drop down list.

I think the other things to check would be to make sure that the K2 workspace app pool account is configured with content manager rights.  The other thing maybe to try is to temporarily give the service accounts local admin rights on the SSRS server to see if it is a permissions issue.

Resolved.  I submitted a ticket with K2 that solved the problem.

Solution:

Please advise if you could get past your SSRS-K2 configuration issue, by changing the value of the SecureConnectionLevel to ‘0’, in the rsreportserver.config file.

This seems to be a Microsoft issue, where if you had SSRS configured with SSL initially and removed SSL it does not change the value back automagically, it needs to be done manually.

Please confirm the above, as we would like to document this as a troubleshooting issue.

Hehe yeah, I was actually in conversation with them on this.

I updated my article on this yesterday.

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/johnny/archive/2009/08/19/some-differences-when-configuring-kerberos-with-host-headers-on-a-ssrs-2008-setup-with-0807v3-0-on-windows-2008.aspx