Skip to main content

We’re using Team Foundation Server with integrated TFS version control.

Questions:

1.       Are we correct in assuming that we shouldn’t add the files under /ExtenderProjects to version control i.e. these files are local only and the result of code-gen following updates to the process/smart object design view ?

2.       When one developer makes a change to a process, the other developers get compile errors until they open the process in the designer view and save it. We initially thought this was related to having the /ExtenderProjects files in version control but have eliminated this as a cause. Any thoughts ?

Actually… is there any specific documentation/faq you know of re. BlackPearl/VS TFS integration ?

Cheers,

Looks like this post has been out there for a while without any definitive answer.  In my experience, #1 appears to be a correct statement and I thought #2 was related to excluding the extender projects - how did you prove otherwise?  I second the request for any FAQ on nblackpearl] + TFS integration, or at least an expert can confirm our theories in this post for others to reference.  Surely other people are using nblackpearl] under Source Control in a multi-developer environment?

I have gone back and forth with support at K2 and they said that [blackpearl] doesn't recognize TFS currently, so it doesn't integrate fully.  They are working on an installer that will recognize and install bp] so that it will work correctly with it.  Have you been able to install and use blackpearl successfully with VS 2005 TFS?

-Doug

Yeah, we use TFS with our blackpearl projects just like a normal Visual Studio project.  The annoyance is that it always picks up the 'extender projects' folder changes and tries to put all of them into Source Control, which isn't necessary.  It all seems to work ok besides for that (the processes, smart objects, and project files all check in and can be used by other developers afterwards)