Skip to main content

Hi,

Are there any adapters or workarounds for intergrating BizTalk 2006 R2 & Blackpearl ??

I have a scenario where a manual approval(Blackpearl) is required before my workflow can continue.

This workflow is running as a BizTalk Orchestration.

Planning to use a corelation in BizTalk to continue once the manual workflow is completed.

Any solutions ??

Thanks in Advance...

Sujith

Hi Sujith,

From what I've heard, there are some bits coming out in the next major refresh/release that will have native/direct BizTalk functionality.

In the meantime, I have a similar project where we are plugging the two into each other using Web Services - you might want to give that a try. It's not necessarily "native" and creates another code base to maintain, but we found it a fast and effective way to get the two talking to each other.

Hi Lucas,

Sorry for a very late response. In my case I had a WCF Service invoked from BizTalk to achieve triggering of the blackpearl workflow process by populating a smartobject.

At this point I am working on invoking a WCF Service/ ASMX service from blackpearl workflow process to return the corelation Id and the outcome of my workflow which is a modified status value, both of which I plan to extract from my smartobject. I am relatively new to K2 and have no clue about doing this.My best bet at the moment is to use the WF server event and invoke a WCF/ASMX service from there.However I am having difficuties in actually extracting the values from my smartobject that I will need to make available to the web service client in the WF part. Is there a way to extract these values within the WF part.

Also if you have a completely different approach to call a web service from the k2 process and return values to BizTalk please do let me know.

Thanks

Sujith