Skip to main content
Currently our worklist items show up in the K2 Web Part with the Folio as the first column. There is a separate process that can be called using an IPC event, but worklist items generated from this process have the Folio field empty. I've tried binding the folio to several different things, but can't get it to carry them over. Our folio field is a project number, and i've tried binding the folio in the IPC event using folio, project number, and other things, but it doesn't get carried over to the new process.

We need to get this figured out because a user may have several of these worklist items for different 'projects', but without the folio (project number) they are indistinguishable from each other without opening the worklist item.
What does your code behind your IPC event look like?

Are you saying that you've tried binding the folio to a datafield in Step 4 of 4 of the IPCEvent wizard and this does not work?

Regards,
Ockert
Ockert,

My codebehind on the IPC Event is:

'set server, connection, etc.

' Set The Folio Mapping
K2.BindFolio(IPCBindType.ProcData, "Folio")

' Set The DataField Mappings
K2.BindField(IPCBindType.ProcData, "CostCenterNumber", "CostCenterNumber", IPCBindDirection.InOut)
K2.BindField(IPCBindType.ProcData, "Folio", "Folio", IPCBindDirection.InOut)
K2.BindField(IPCBindType.ProcData, "K2CreateNewWS", "K2CreateNewWS", IPCBindDirection.InOut)
K2.BindField (IPCBindType.ProcData, "K2DisableSubmitButton", "K2DisableSubmitButton", IPCBindDirection.InOut)
K2.BindField(IPCBindType.ProcData, "K2DisplayTaskPane", "K2DisplayTaskPane", IPCBindDirection.InOut)
K2.BindField(IPCBindType.ProcData, "K2DWSName", "K2DWSName", IPCBindDirection.InOut)
K2.BindField(IPCBindType.ProcData, "K2DWSPath", "K2DWSPath", IPCBindDirection.InOut)
K2.BindField(IPCBindType.ProcData, "K2SharePointURL", "K2SharePointURL", IPCBindDirection.InOut)
K2.BindField(IPCBindType.ProcData, "K2ShowViewFlowLink", "K2ShowViewFlowLink", IPCBindDirection.InOut)
K2.BindField(IPCBindType.ProcData, "K2UseCachedViewFlowData", "K2UseCachedViewFlowData", IPCBindDirection.InOut)
K2.BindField(IPCBindType.ProcData, "K2WSTemplate", "K2WSTemplate", IPCBindDirection.InOut)
K2.BindField(IPCBindType.ProcData, "MOCNumber", "MOCNumber", IPCBindDirection.InOut)
K2.BindField(IPCBindType.ActXml, "AttachedDocuments", "AttachedDocuments", IPCBindDirection.InOut)
K2.BindField(IPCBindType.ActXml, "K2InfoPathSchema", "K2InfoPathSchema", IPCBindDirection.InOut)

Once I get into the new process I can grab the value of MOCNumber (Proc Datafield), which is what the folio is set to in the first process, but I can't seem to set the folio value to the value of the MOCNumber.

Here is what the k2 tasklist looks like after the IPC event:
For interest sake, what is the value of the "Folio" process data field in your child process? Is it the same as the parent "Folio" process data field?

Regards,
Ockert
Ockert,

Yes it is. The process datafield Folio is set to the value of the MOC number, such as: MOC-2006-1402.1725-TestMOC.

There is obviously a K2 data element named Folio, as this is what is displayed in the K2 Tasklist webpart, but how does it get set originally? And what exactly does the BindFolio method do?