Skip to main content

Best Practice for Approval and Date Request

• 29 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I've got a basic document approval workflow that uses 'Assign Flexi task' for the approver with just approve and reject as outcomes.

This has worked fine, however I now have the requirement to include 'date for review' within it as well. This is for the approver to manually type in the date for approval to be used elsewhere within the workflow. 

What is the best method to get this from the approver?

Is there anyway to adjust the 'Assign Flexi Task' to include this also? Or should I use 'Request Data' as an option? Ideally, I'd prefer it to be all in one request. The date is always manually selected based on the approver so there is not way to automate it.

If anyone can advise what has worked best for this type of situation I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

@hejones50  within the Assign Flexi Task action you can modify the form and add date field on the form for the person to fill in. 

Doing this will allow you to capture their outcome plus the date which then can be used later on in the workflow. 

Thanks. Is this on Nintex Forms? I forgot to mention that we don't have access to Nintex Forms in our workplace.

@hejones50 it looks like you all were at least entitled for both Workflow and Forms in SP2013. If you don't have forms, you may be able to achieve this with SharePoint Designer, but not 100% sure as I haven't done that in a while. 

Connect with your team internally to see if Nintex forms/workflows are still there and what you have access to. 

Thanks

Thank you. Due to our governance, we don't have access to SharePoint Design or Nintex forms, but will enquire with the central team to see if they can do something for me.