Skip to main content

Hello All,

I’m looking for some guidance on the best approach to migrate K2 blackpearl 0807 (patch 575) to a new installation of K2 with the latest release of 1370.

Our current K2 server installation resides in the MOSS 2007 server and has 2 business critical workflow processes.  We are doing a side-by-side upgrade to SharePoint 2010 by detaching the MOSS 2007 content database and attaching it to the SharePoint 2010 instance.  Our new environment will have a dedicated server for K2 with the latest K2 blackpearl release.

Which path will be the best way to move from the old K2/SharePoint instance to the new SharePoint 2010 and K2 server environment?

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

The K2 installer should handle this for you especially since you are aiming to upgrade to 1370. If you are keeping the original SQL server in place I can’t see any issues on the K2 side. When it comes to the SP2010 as long as the MOSS2007 – SP2010 migration is done as per Microsoft then the installer once again will install the SP2010 components and you should be good to go.

I would suggest doing a test migration before moving to production and just as precaution when happy and moving on to migrate production, get in contact with K2 support and let them know you intent to migrate and that way you can arrange for some support standby during the time you migrate production.

HTH

Vernon

HI,

Apart from what Vernon suggested also look at the following KB article describing the process on how to move from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010 in a K2 environment.

http://help.k2.com/en/KB001210.aspx

It contains critical information which should be considered.

Regards,

Thank you for the advise.