Skip to main content

Hi

Was just enquiring if its possible to authnticate your own Workspace instance using AAD accounts, I dont have an on premise AD and use office 365 and CRM online and would like to integrate those accounts resource types into K2

Thanks

Hello AdamBryant,

I'm not sure that I fully understand your question but I can tell you that it is possible to integrate the Office 365 environment with K2. It sounds like you want to login to K2 Workspace with an Office 365 user account and I have not tried that before, but my colleague tells me that if that is what you want to do, you'll have to follow these steps. However, it won't be a one day project and you'll probably have to get ahold of an admin. It will be a rigorous process, basically.

It is possible to create a form that will show the worklist items using 365 and users will be able to view that. Here's some documentation on configuring SmartForms for AAD that you may want to read over. 

Hope that gives you a little insight!

Regards,

Alyssa

Hi thanks for your reply. Yes you are right i would like to log into k2 workdpace woth o365 credentials as you can woth designer voa oauth and an aad application. Using aad as a security label for example. I was wondering if this would require some kind of custom user manager. Hoping not and that it eould ca je the credentials in the database along with the claims xml .

Ok. So one of my colleagues who has o365 kindly tried to log into the K2 Workspace with his o365 user account. He said it didn't authenticate the credential correctly. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that there is a simple, easy way to accomplish this.

I don't think that you'll necessarily have to use the custom user manager; you could of course try and let us all know how it goes. Also, I don't think it is going to simply accept the credentials in the database along with the claims xml either.  

I will point you again to this resource: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/19431.office-365-and-active-directory-synchronization.aspx which is what I believe you will have to go through in order to do what you want to do. 

Maybe someone else has additional advice? In the meantime, good luck!