Skip to main content

Symptoms

I've created a deployment package using the K2 Package and Deployment utility, specifying 2 values as variables. I then used the Write-DeploymentConfig PowerShell command to write out the XML file, and updated the variables with new values. Finally, I deleted the form/workflow from the server and used the Deploy-Package command to redeploy the components, pointing it to the updated XML file. The deployment succeeded however, it does not seem to use the variables I specified.

Diagnoses

In the XML config file under <specific Options> section, if the action is set to "Default", the default deployment will be "use existing" option. The workflow will not get deploy.

Resolution

Switching the action for all items that need to be changed including workflow items to "Deploy" in the XML config file under <specificOptions> section and redeploy the process via PowerShell resolved the issue. For more information, please see https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/packageanddeployment/current/Content/Package_and_Deployment_-_Automated_Deployment_of_Packages_using_Microsoft_Powershell.html

Be the first to reply!