Skip to main content

We have this problem on several forms. We have an autocompelte field tied to a smart object and it works as expected a user starts typing it fills in and resovles. There is a vlaidation rule to make sure the field has data but it does not seem to check if it is valid data.  A user can type anything like NA or copy and paste something and when they hit submit, the validation rule passes and they can submit the form with invalid data.

Has anyone been able to get this to work to enforce the autocomplete to have valid data from the smart object.

This Particular form is a list view. We had another form that we create a really complex set of rules to check but this but this wont work well with multiple collums and rows of data.

Any help appreciated

Hi,

In the pattern select a regular expression you require to validate the data which has come in autocomplete. then in validation passes make sure validate is checked in configuration section which helps the data to be validated.

We have tried validation patters. There is no validation pattern that can be applied that would also not encompass whatever they type as well.  The smart object is hundreds of records of type text. The validate is checked in the validation rule.

In case any one intersted in this thread I opened a case with Support and they have logged this as a bug. I did however come up with a work around on another form that I implmented it for this as well.

Basically I take the value entered into the autocomplete and do a smartobject call inputting this value and mapping an output value (different field) to a data label. if it matches something in the data source you get a value in the data label and if it does not the data label is blank. The set the validation rule to check for this data label.

The problem we had was that this is a list view and we wanted to validate each row so we placed validation rules before adding a new row and on the submit rule. I do not have this fool proof yet.

This was resovled with a patch from K2 and it is also resovled in 4.7. If you have this problem contact supprot and ask form the patch 4611.12