Skip to main content

Hello,

I have installed the k2 4.5 on the develop server, and i have installed the k2 client on my dev  PC. 

My dev PC isn't in the domain, so i configured the connecting string like this:

Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=Public-Develop;Port=5555;WindowsDomain=k2dev;UserID=administrator;Password=Password01!

Now, i can expand the "Service Object Server", "Smart Object Server" and so on in the "Object Browser" in K2 Stuodio. but when i click the "Roles" or "Users" in the Object Browser, I get the error message "Authentication With Server Failed : SEC_E_LOGON_DENIED".

can anyone help me?

You will also need to update a config file used by the User Browser. Open the following:

C:ProgramDataSourceCodeconfigurationmanager.config

Make a backup of the file, look for the node called UserBrowserServer and update that connection string too. Restart Studio and check if that works.

thanks dc, After i updated the node value in configurationmanager.config, it works amazing.

Thanks again.

Has this changed at all with the new releases?  I'm now getting that same error (I have tried updating the UserBrowserServer too, and am attempting to view the Roles and Users in the Object Browser, within K2 Studio on a different domain.

I am getting this error in Visual Studio 2010. Is this file on the K2 server? Or my local machine?

Thanks.

It's on your local machine. The ProgramData folder is hidden by default, so ensure your folder view options are configured so that you can see the folder.

To do this in Windows 7, open Windows Exporer and click Organize in the menu bar, then Folder and search options. That will bring up the Folder Options dialog. Click on the View tab. In the Advanced Settings region, look for Files and Folders > Hidden Files and Folders, and click the radio button beside Show hidden files, folders and drives. Click OK to save your choice and and to close the dialog. You should be able to see the ProgramData folder now.

HTH,

Tony