Skip to main content

Hello! Perhaps someone can help...

I've attempted a blackpearl installation which has completed and configured successfully, but is causing trouble when I try to use the K2 workspace site.

My environment consists of two load balanced K2 servers and a SQL server on a separate cluster. The K2 servers also happen to be SharePoint web front ends.

Trying to expand the tree on the Management Console page of K2 Workspace results in an 'Authentication required for session' dialog. I also get similar errors in other parts of the site.

When starting the servers in console mode, everything looks fine up until this bit:

Info    7028 '<servername>EventBus' queue does not exist, the queue will be created
Error   7030 Unable to create '<servername>EventBus' queue : 'Object owner was invalid. For example, MQCreateQueue failed because the Queue Manager object is invalid.'
Info    7028 '<servername>EventBus Error' queue does not exist, the queue will be created
Error   7030 Unable to create '<servername>EventBus Error' queue : 'Object owner was invalid. For example, MQCreateQueue failed because the Queue Manager object is invalid.'
Error   7026 Unable to load EventBus Server

MSMQ is installed on all servers including the SQL cluster, and the farm is configured to use Kerberos authentication. So, any ideas? Please help!

Try the following for each of the servers in your cluster. Browse to the following file in your hostserverin folder : SourceCode.EventBus.EventAdmin.dll.config and then change the value of both the connectionstrings (host param) to point directly to the current server host name that you are modifying instead of the cluster name. Restart host server and try again.

Many thanks Gerhard for your response.

I tried your suggestion, but it had no effect in this case. I ended up resolving the message queuing problem by uninstalling the MSMQ Windows component and reinstalling on both servers. Unsure why it didn't install correctly the first time.

In other news, this didn't solve my original problem, which was apparently an unrelated issue.

The 'Authentication required for session' message is still displayed when trying to expand the Management Console tree, amongst other actions. The associated console message:

Error   2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.Hosting.Servers.Management.ListHostedServers, Authentication required for session 2F62F83F6F2840708613E33B8ABFF9C3
Error   2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.Hosting.Servers.Management.ListHostedServers, Authentication required for session 2F62F83F6F2840708613E33B8ABFF9C3
Error   8060 ProcessPacket Error, Authentication required for session 2F62F83F6F2840708613E33B8ABFF9C3

Any tips on where I can find more information about this problem? The Windows application, security and system event logs seem happy enough.

Thanks,
Colin

This error normally indicates that there is an issue with the Kerberos configuration.  I would go through the setup to see if the proper settngs have been done on the servers.  You can refer to my blog article on this (http://k2underground.com/blogs/johnny/archive/2007/12/07/k2-blackpearl-hf2-01-distributed-installations.aspx) or you can refer to the default installation documentation for a distributed install in the Getting Started guide.

After reviewing the steps and it seems all correct.  If you still get errors, you might want to turn on Kerberos logging on th servers and check the event logs for kerberos errors.

Ok, it's taken me a while to get back to this due to fun and games in unrelated matters.

Johnny, you were right that it was a Kerberos related issue. I thought I'd checked this, but it turned out my K2 Workspace domain account was not trusted for delegation. After updating this, restarting each K2 server and restarting my client machine authentication is working fine.  Your blog article has also been very helpful as a checklist, thanks.

Seems I am getting the same issue and not getting it resolved... here is the error I get...any suggestions?

this happens when I load the K2 page from my local browser and then go into Security-Worrkspace permission. I do not have this issue when I RDP to the server and use the service account 

Server Error in '/Workspace' Application.

Authentication required for session BCB51B11B0A40F3C65D5EB1542DEF129

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Authentication required for session BCB51B11B0A40F3C65D5EB1542DEF129

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

eException: Authentication required for session BCB51B11B0A40F3C65D5EB1542DEF129]
SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Objectc] Parameters, Booleana] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType) +551
SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPI.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Objectc] Parameters, Booleana] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType) +53
SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPI.RemoteSessionCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Objectc] Parameters) +17
SourceCode.Security.UserRoleManager.Client.UserRoleManagerServer.GetDefaultLabelName() +19
Management_UserFilter.setDefaultLabelName() +22
Management_UserFilter.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +900
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

Same problem here - Authentication required for session...

Any suggestions?

PS. My domain is running in Windows 2000 mode, so delegation tab isn't available in Active Directory...

This is almost certainly a kerberos issue. Follow the instructions on the blog link above to troubleshoot. I've just found my issue was caused by the clocks on the servers not being in synch. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780011(WS.10).aspx

Although the article says that kerberos should get around this by asking the domain controller for the correct time, this does cause a few more roundtrips.

Just a note here.  For Active Directory in 2000 mode or 2003 mixed mode, there is no constrained delegation feature (so you won't see the delegation tab).  You will only just need to check the option to trust the account for delegation in the account properties.

Hi ... can you Please direct me how to make the domain account trusted for delegation ... ??

http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/79498/jsi-tip-7359-how-do-i-configure-accounts-so-that-they-are-trusted-for-delegation-in-a-windows-server-2003-enterprise-edition-environment.html