Skip to main content

Symptoms

I think I messed up my ID fields for all my of my attachment views on the forms. Can some one please help me with me regarding this issue? I am unsure which ID to put back in the view

Diagnoses

The issues viewed were found to be in two areas:

1. Issue 1 was found to be in the attachments list view initialize method.
2. Issue 2 had to do with validations on the form's controls. There was a validation for a control that no longer existed.

Resolution

The first item was in the Attachments List View. There was a rule in the list that is essentially a duplicate of another rule, this is the specific rule in question:

- then complete the following one after another
then execute the Get Attachments List method (configure)

As noted there is a rule that does the exact same method which can cause issues with both the New and Edit forms. Disabling this rule fixes this issue.

The second issue that was noted by the customer is that one of their forms was not saving when their Submit button was clicked. After some general troubleshooting, customer was asked if there were any extra validations occurring on the form for fields that may have been either hidden or removed. Customer checked validation fields and discovered that there were some validations occurring that weren't needed. After removing these validations the form worked as expected.

Be the first to reply!