Skip to main content

I have a proces that at one point uploads a completed Infopath form to a form library in read only for later viewing by select users. I would like to be able to attach a copy of that form to an email that is going to outside contacts that do not have access to the SharePoint form library. I use fields from the form to set the name in the InoPathUploadFormeEvent, I just know I can use a smartobject somehow to retrieve the document and attach it to an email in an emial event. Im missing some pieces. Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

The biggest issue you are going to encounter is that if your external users do not have access to SharePoint, they are not going to have access to the InfoPath template. This means that you external users are going to receive a very difficult to read XML file and could potentially get an error if they attempt to open the XML file. It will be wanting to look for an XSN that isn't accessible to the external parties.

I would suggest that you may want to look into any options for converting the InfoPath form to a PDF or saving the data out of the form to a SQL database which would allow you to write an SSRS report against the data. This would then easily give you the ability to send the external contacts a readable form.