Skip to main content

Hi,

I am a new to K2 blackpearl and currently exploring workflows with smartforms.

Can any one help me with the steps to upload a document from smartforms to the sharepoint list.

Thanks in advance!!

HB

Hi, 

In regards to your question, do you mean opening up a smartform in sharepoint itself?

If that is the case it is possible  to display SmartForms in the SmartForms Viewer Web Part as well as expose K2 SmartObject data in a
SharePoint External List. 

You can use the following links to help you do so.

http://bpm.k2software.cn/KB-product-k2smartforms.html?...k2.../k2smartform..

Kind regards,

Percy

Hi K2Power,

You would create a smartobject around your sharepoint list or library, then, you would create a smartform that takes a file attachment, and then uses the "create" method on the smartobject to upload the attachment to the list.

This is the view from 35,000 feet at least, let me know what specific area of the process you need more detail on.

Regards,

Mike

Hi,

I am using K2 smartforms outside Sharepoint. 

Mike, Can you please give a little idea about creating a smartobject around sharepoint List.

Thanks!!

K2Power,

I guess a prerequisite question here would be what version of sharepoint are we working with? 2010 or 2013?

Either way, the steps are somewhat similar, and you have several options:

1.  Navigate to the list, and with k2 for sharepoint installed, you can create a smartobject around the list by using the ribbon and clicking K2 application.

2.  Via the smartobject service tester, you should be able to find the serviceinstance for sharepoint, and generate a smartobject from that service instance by right clicking.

3.  Via K2 studio, by  following the "new smartobject" wizard, and creating an advanced smartobject and tying it to the service instance used for sharepoint.

I'd say the easiest of these options would be #1, via the k2 designer for sharepoint.  The service tester will generate a smartobject without allowing much control of method creation, and K2 studio would allow you just about full control (short of custom code for methods) of the entire smartobject creation process.  K2 for visual studio would be yet a 4th option, however, it's probably best if we handle the more "basic" tools first.

Regards,

Mike

Thanks Mike,

For now I tried the option using service tester. It worked.

Thanks for helping out with basic understandings.