Skip to main content

A question for some of the more technical  K2 crowd if you don't mind...

We're currently running into an issue in our production machine where we have some Escalations that are not working at all.  We had a data center migration where we physically moved the K2 instances to both different server machines and database machines, and since that time, it appears that the escalations have not successfully worked.

In trying to debug the problem, (of course, we can't recreate it in a lower environment or development machine), I'm seeing very odd conditions around the _Async table in the K2 database.  For starters, the table continually is increasing in size (291,484 items and counting).  The earliest items are probably items from prior to our migration, but I can't determine what many of them are there for, due to not knowing what the itemID value corresponds to.  Does anyone know what that value refers to in the rest of the data model?  I've tried bumping it up against both _Esc and _Code and neither seem to reference the _Async table (from that particular column).

Additional question:  My assumption is that the _Async table should not have rows if the date in the field is in the past.  So, if anyone has any idea of how to best debug what's happening within the server when _Async items are selected, it would definately help me out.  I do see activity within the table other than additions (I see the serverID field flipping during kAsync stored proc calls), but these additions never seem to take.

Be the first to reply!