Skip to main content

I need an assistance with the below workflow.

It’s a three stage workflow where document is uploaded by an Initiator

• Internal Team will review and send it to PMO
  • PMO team
    • Approves – Working Group
    • Rejects – Goes back to Initiator
  • Working Group
    • Approves – Governance Council
  • Governance Council
    • Approves – End Workflow

I have built the workflow for the above requirement and for each team (PMO, Working Group and Governance Council) I have created SharePoint group and added them in Assign Flexi task action.

Next step is, whichever group rejects the document it would be sent back to Initiator – This is also achieved

Next step is for eg: Working Group rejects the document it would be sent back to Initiator. Initiator would work on it and upload it back. When Initiator uploads it back, workflow will trigger from the beginning, starting with Internal Team review.

But the requirement is Initiator should get an option before triggering the workflow manually to route to PMO team as the document is rejected by PMO team. Same requirement goes with other teams.

Please let me know is there a way to achieve this and provide your suggestions.

Thanks in Advance!

Shreedhar H V

Some time ago I had a similar workflow and I solved it adding a new Stage named "Initiator" so , when a group rejects I change state to "Initiator". At the same time I set a workflow variable setting who is the stage that is rejecting (varRejectBy=PMO,WORKING,GOV).

Then when the initiator completes more information I change the state to PMO, WORKING or GOV based on my internal variable named varRejectedBy

Yes I'd add Initiator. In that I would have if logic that determines if this is a new item or it was rejected and came from another approver. Whoever the approver was, send it back to them. I would make each approver a state in a state machine. Moving them from place to place can be done with a 'Change State' action and you can also set a variable to keep track.

Thanks for your quick response Hunth.

Is it possible for you to share the screen shot of the steps you suggested to follow?

Thanks,

Shreedhar H V