Skip to main content

I have an approval workflow with a form asking users to select from a dropdown list which "Entity" their request pertains to. Each entity has a different approver (13 different people). Example Entity 1 = John. Entity 2=Mary, Entity 3 = Bob.

So if the user submits a form for Entity 1, I need the workflow to look up the approver for Entity 1 (John) and add them to the Flexi task as the approver.

How is the best way to accomplish? I have not been able to create a statement of actions that can conditionally determine the Entity than properly look up the approver and set the variable that I can use in the Flexi Task.

Thank you!

In scenarios like this I create a list that would store the approvers and the associated entities.  Then do a QueryList within the workflow based on the value the user selects in the form, and return the appropriate approver.  

alternative approach could be that you create a group of users designated to approve for a given entity.

then you assign approval task to respective group.

Thank you! How do you QueryList based on the value a user selects in the form?

Here's an example.  I'm assuming you're storing the value the person is selecting in the list. 

200794_pastedImage_1.png

Thank you Brendan! Also thank you very much for the screen shots.