Skip to main content

Is it possible to assign a task to a group of users (each user would be assigned individually as per normal practice) but withhold the sending of the task notification?

The reason for this query is that the users dont want to be spammed with K2 task allocation messages in their personal email boxes and all have acces to shared email box that relates to the specific k2 process, in this case its the administration of travel requests.

We can send a custom notification to the shared email address that a job is ready for ticketing and accommodation booking - that way one email gets sent but may travel coordinators are all monitoring the shared inbox and will see the email.

Back in K2 task allocation land all travel administrators were added to the task so are free to action it (first in best dressed) but they dont need to be informed individually they have an actionable task waiting for them.

Hope this makes sense.

Hi Mr_Pinky

It is quite easy to turn off the task notification email. In the "Event Notification Settings" page of the Client Event wizard there is a check box to "Notify participants when they receive and work item". Simply uncheck this option.

If you still want to send an email to a common inbox, you can use the Email event in the same activity as the Client Event, but be sure to put it before the Client Event. Also, if you want to include a link to the task you will need to manually construct the link (e.g. SmartForms Task form). If you want do do this you have to set the Activity  to create only one slot  (so that there is only one worklist item/serial number). To get the serial number parameter concatenate the Process ID and the Activity Destination Instance ID with an underscope inbetween.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the very prompt response. 

Just wanted to check the scope of effect for the process you outlined.

"It is quite easy to turn off the task notification email. In the "Event Notification Settings" page of the Client Event wizard there is a check box to "Notify participants when they receive and work item". Simply uncheck this option."

Will this setting disable all notifications to this user for all tasks or is the effect limited to this single workflow task?

Thx again,

MR_Pinky

Hi Mr_Pinky 

Disabling the task notification only affects that activity (i.e. task). It will not affect other activities in the same process or any other processes.

@Andrew_Blinco  Hello, thanks for this post. I have the same issue. Is there any more detailed instruction on how to accomplish this? When I constructed the SerialNo I used workflowID]_TaskID in K2 5. The resulting value is different than the value in  the task I took it form and the form view is different. I must be doing it wrong.

In K2 Five you dont need to construct the serial number manually. You can get the Serial Number from the context browser under Workflow → Task