Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a K2 activity with a single slot that sends to a destination queue that contains three users A, B and C. We always open worklistItems with Allocated = true, I would like one users to be able to "send / Allocate" a worklistItem to another user if necessary.

We use the _worklist table to get the list of users that the current user can "Send" to.

When user A opens the worklistItem the statuses  are as follows.

A : Open;

B : Allocated;

C : Allocated.

If user A redirects the worklistItem to user C the statuses are 

C : Open;

I am trying to achieve statuses  of

A : Allocated;

C : Open.

How can i achieve this as the Redirect function does not offer what i require. I can always release the worklistItem from user A but how can i "Allocate" the Item to user C?  

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

GKA

Sorry, as far as I know, this cannot be done.

- Ockert

Not that this is the way to do it, but you could use OpenWorklistItem via K2ROM with the user's id/pw and set the allocated status.

Hi Peter,

That would work. Unfortunately i don't have the passwords of all the users to Allocate the worklistItem to them.

Does anyone know if i can make direct changes to the Status field in the _worklist table in the K2 database, or is that not a good idea?

GKA

Not a good idea - you'll loose auditability and you don't know what else it may influence.  Not to mention that it would not be supported.

Regards,

Ockert

Thanks. I will have to try another way or persuade the client it's not what they want. :-)

How about call an external API that would redirect (C) to a temporary ID (D), then redirect (A) to (C), then redirect (D) to (A)?   That'll give you what you want.   Or try to redirect the allocated (C) back to (A) without using (D).

If user A redirects the worklistItem to user C the statuses are 

C : Open;

I am trying to achieve statuses  of

A : Allocated;

C : Open.

Hi Peter,

Sorry about the late reply.

I never thought of trying it like that, I will give it bash and let you know.

Graeme

Hi Peter,

Your suggestion worked great.

So before i redirect the Open WorklistItem that belongs to user A to user C. I first use the _worklist table to get the WorklistItem ID of the Allocated WorklistItem that belongs to user C. Using the K2mng.K2Manager i redirect user C Allocated WorklistItem to user A and then Redirect user A Open WorklisItem to user C.

Thanks for the help.