Skip to main content

Hi all,

I created a workflow with a Flexi Task.

"If the approval needs more information regarding a request, than the request should go back to the initiator."

What would be the best way to solve this problem?

I created 2 workflows (Loop and State Machine, see screenshots) but didn't receive any E-Mail.

Thank you for your help!

state machine is definitely better and more efficient approach then loop.

note that in your SM workflow you miss change state action in all the branches except of Pending one! as well you will need at least one end state action somewhere.

as per your problem, it's hard to say just from design which mail you expected but you didn't receive.

what's the SM default state?

what's was the path the workflow went down through? what outcomes from single task action?

The SM workflow works, if

1) Pending - change state to reject branch (All necessary mails received)

2) Pending - change state to approve branch (All necessary mails received)

My goal is that if more informations are required, the initiator should receive an E-Mail (request data). After he added more informations, the first approver should receive an E-Mail that new informations have been added regarding a request. The last point doesn't work. (see screenshot)

Thank you very much for your help Marian Hatala!E-Mail expected after new data have been added from the initiator

as you might see from the screenshot the workflow is on hold on Request data action.

it will not move on until the task created by request data action is responded/confirmed. once responded, the workflow advances to next action and you will receive a notification from highlighted flexi task action.