Skip to main content

We have a workflow where each user (about 100 people) is assigned a task, and once the data is submitted their manager must approve.  So by the virture of having 100+ users each getting one task, how do we make their manager's review and approval parallel as well.  Each manager must review and approve the data submitted by each parallel user. I know that I can go to active directory and get the manager for each user, but I'm not sure how to assign that person the approval task.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What do these 100 users have in common?? How are u planning to assign tasks to them?

You should first assign the task to users first and have each of them kick off another approval workflow.

Hi,

For this example I think it will be best to kick off a separate workflow for each of the 100+ users. Each user will submit the data which will start a new process. For the manager approval you will assign the destination of this task to the Originator's Manager (which will be each user's manager in turn). This should be easy to design and maintain.

I hope I understood correctly. Let me know if my response is not clear.

Regards,