Skip to main content

I have a list in SharePoint to which a K2 workflow is attached. The list has an "Approvers" field which is of type user/group. When a new item is added to the SharePoint list , the approval workflow should kick off by setting the approvers to the values in the "Approvers" field.

Here is the issue -  When an approver is set to say "John Huff",  SharePoint saves the name as "domainJohn Huff", but K2 expects username which is "domainjhuff". How can I get the username from the SharePoint approver field?

Hi VJ,

I'd poke around and see if there's any other items in your context browser (FQN specifically) that might be of better use.  You may have to switch your sharepoint column type to "text", as it may be resolving the users FQN to thier "friendly name" in active directory based on the FQN it's recieving.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks a lot for your response. I will not be able to switch the SharePoint column to "Text" as this may result in the users not entering the right names.I looked around the context browser and found the FQN existing only for group users as in the screen shot. I'm new to K2 so I maybe mising something. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

13002iEBE0E36E0DC28D21.png