Skip to main content

I have a workflow with a Flexi Task. In that task a notification email gets sent out with a link to a workflow task the recipient must complete to go to the next step. Quite often the email they get, the URL doesn't work. The URL is using the Item Property of Approval URL and when the user clicks on it, they get a JavaScript:void error. Any idea why that might happen?

Hi,

I am pretty sure you have a broken link.  Open that Assign Flexi Task notification tab, switch to Plain Text, see what link you have there.

It should be the Approval URL link. If its not there you should be able to insert it from Common properties.

150875_pastedImage_3.png

150876_pastedImage_7.png

Awesome, that was it, thanks Thomas. I had about 5 different flexi tasks in there and one of them was missing that reference. Thanks again!!

I added a new state on a State Machine and this broke the Task Notification links of an earlier-created Approver.

Thanks for this solution, however am wondering what caused it to break. I'd have to check all future Task Notifications...

Hi Jay.

Adding a new State on a State matchine should not break any task notification links of any existing states. (Is this what you meant?)

However, what I experienced in the past is that when you copy and paste Task Notification contents to another "State" or "Assign Flexi Task". The workflow references links sometimes break.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the late reply. I think you are right, I can't remember now if I added a new state or copied from existing one.

However, will keep this in mind the next time I do so.

Thanks!

Jay