Skip to main content

Hello all,

When an item is actioned,  It is expected to issue an approval notification. Else, if it has been actioned before, a worklist error pops up.

I have an issue on ground, when the item is been actioned from Email, It shows both approval "successful email" and  "worklist already actioned error message"

I had this issue some time ago, and discovered that a workflow of previous version, using same submision form as the new workflow was causing this issue. I only had to delete the old version to resolve the issue. This time i guess i need a new resolve.

Pls guys, do need this resolved, ASAP.

Best Regards,

Tade.

Hi Tade,

Could you please provide a snapshot of what you're seeing? I think having some kind of visualization will help people help you and clarify your problem.

With that, please let me know if I'm interpretting this correctly.

1. A person can action an item on the worklist through the email via SmartActions using "Approve" or "Deny" (or whatever you've set it up to be).

2. When they reply with "Approve" they should receive an approval notification. 

3. If it was previously actioned, then they should receive a worklist error message.

The problem is that the person actioning the worklist item is receiving both approval and error messages? 

A few suggestions & additional questions:

1. Are there any solutions other than your deletion of the old workflow that you tried previously that did not work? In this way, we can be more productive in our suggestions.
  2. Make sure that the SmartActions accounts for both production and development environments are not the same. Using a non-dedicated mailbox for SmartActions may cause erroneous notifications and responses. It's recommended to have 1 email account dedicated for 1 environment to ensure the K2 server responds to the dedicated K2 SmartActions e-mail. More info found here.
  3. Are you seeing any strange errors in your hostserver log files?
  4. Have the connection strings for the service account been changed? If you look into your Connection String Editor, do you have multiple strings of SMTP and/or EWS showing up? 
  5. In the workflow in the activity where you configured the destination users, have you checked the rule set to see if its been configured correctly? 
  6. Instead of using a preset datafield in the destination user, you can try hard coding the value to the desired location. This will test if the problem is in the workflow or the environment. 

Hope this helps lead you to a solution!

Regards,

Alyssa