Skip to main content

A Developer that started the application project did it in visual studio 2008, and now  boss wants me to attach a K2 workflow to it.

Can a K2 Blackpearl Visual Studio 2005 Workflow work with a .NET Application that was programmed using C# in Visual Studio 2008.

or has the new BlackPearl app been released that supports it?

What is the application, what does it do, and how does it interact with the workflow?

I think is VS 2008 you can set the target .NET framework to build against.  Can you build the target against .NET 3.0?

DavidL:

ok, I solved a couple of problems on my own. I got Visual Studio 2005 to open the web application (it was orginally done in VS2008 by a different developer, I got the lucky chance of taking this project over) , well it is not really a .NET "Application" but  aspx web page, with a bunch of Datagrids (dataviews) on it. and I got K2 Visual Studio installed...

But, now bosses want K2 Workflow to send out the datagrids and dataviews in a email which would be the entire page, to a group of people based on someone deciding that the information is important to the financial or timeline numbers of the project Subjective, Bosses says the person looking at the Data decides :...  so....
now... Here are the Guidelines:
the workflow for email  should have a step to identify the serverity of the change. (Subjective I know!, Bosses says the person looking at the Data decides ):
A) if the information does not represent a real change to the scpope and schedule then it gets emailed to one group. Group A
or
B) if there are major Changes then a different notification is sent to anothe group. Group B

And I also need to create a Workflow that will mail the Datagrid infomation to Group C.

So,  Where the heck to Start...  Are there any samples out there?